
I still can't believe that I get to live in this house.
When we went and looked at it and saw how beautiful it was and heard that there was already an offer on it, I cried because I couldn't see how we could EVER get such a great house or how we could beat out the people who had already put an offer down.
But we did!
In a week we settle and get the keys to our house and in 9 days we move in!
A year ago we were sure that we couldn't afford to buy a house for at least 5 or 10 years and this year when we looked at the market we realized that with the way housing prices are going up, if we didn't buy now, we'd never be able to afford a house at all.
Mostly everything is packed except for things that we've needed for the last few weeks. I've moved before, but I've never moved responsibly. When we moved into this house, we packed EVERYTHING the day that we were moving and we tossed everything into boxes erratically and without any sort of plan. This time, we started 3 weeks before the move, packing everything that we used infrequently. I assume that this time, we'll save packing the rest for the last couple of days beore we move.I think that because of my nausea and the pain I've been getting from lifting, I'm going to end up not doing much in the move, unfortunately except packing and unpacking. I think I'll be taken to the house with the first load of items and I'll stay there and unpack rather than return to reload the truck (if we need to reload at all, that is).
Ooogh, more on that later, I feel sick.
Tandy with a white picket fence, I would have never thunk-it. Congrats Tandy, it's cute.
ReplyDeleteI'm a white picket fence sort of girl. :P
ReplyDelete1.0 kids, white picket fence, girly man husband and a pen full of chickens.
UGGGG... chickens are a pain in the ass..... but yay to everything else..... well, I know at times a manly man might be nice.... but then... lol... you've got the balls, might as well wear the pants... love you
ReplyDelete