You know when you know something - I mean really know it. Really really know it - and someone tells you that you're wrong? Does that make you wish it was legal to punch stupid people in the face? It makes ME wish it.
EEEEEEXAMPLES
M: Me
T: Them
T: "Oh look at that ant!"
M: "Oh hey! That's not an ant, that's an ant-mimicking spider. Wow, that's cool.."
T: "Uh...no. That's an -ant-."
M: "Look, it has eight legs. And the way it carries them is all wrong."
T: "Ant. Those are antenna. Duh."
M: "...it has -fangs-."
T: "It's clearly an ant."
M: "That's how it tricks its prey."
T: "Except that it's an ant."
M: "Sure. Fine. Whatever."
T: "I wonder where that bird's parents are..." *looking at a Magpie Lark*
M: "...probably making more babies. That's an adult."
T: "Oh no, that's a baby magpie."
M: "Oh, it kind of looks like one, yeah. But it's a Magpie Lark. Totally different species.
T: "Uh. No. That's a baby magpie."
M: "I'll bring you in my Australian birds book tomorrow and show you."
T: "-I- have a book too and it says that they're baby magpies."
M: "....kay."
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got hate in you heart let it out!!!
ReplyDeleteI, too, wish I could just punch people sometimes... Connie almost got punched in the throat last night. The old hag!