So there's a woman in my due month group who is devastated because she's 6 months pregnant and she and her husband have gone 10 whole days without sex.
....seriously?
Her husband is desperate to the point of begging. Apparently he came home last night and asked, "Shawna, am I ever going to get any?" Poor. Baby.
So he proceeds to tell her - in this incredibly shamed manner - that he's quite afraid of this ten day gap. .. I mean...he's so deprived, he's been having...*gulp*...THOUGHTS about other women. He even admits that he's not even, you know, daydreaming about bending that hot receptionist over the desk - but rather, he sees a hot woman and thinks about sex with his wife.
She proceeded to come unhinged. She was devastated. It apparently hurts her to think that her husband could have sexual thoughts that weren't 100% about her or that anyone but her could inspire sexual thoughts in him. She started questioning whether or not he was going to start cheating on her because she hadn't had sex with him in 10 days and she started blaming him for making her feel bad by putting these thoughts in her head.
REALLY??!
I love it when we live in a world where not only does a wife feel mortified, furious and disgusted at the thought of her husband having (lets face it) completely normal and healthy feelings but a world in which her husband feels completely ashamed and horrified at them himself.
(TMI)
I'm also 6 months pregnant and I think I've probably done the horizontal shuffle maybe 4 times? Maybe? I'm just not interested. Husband? Totally fine with this. He told me that while yes, he'd sure like to participate with me, my body "seems a little preoccupied" and he's happy to do this in single player mode. Sounds good to me, honey...here's some porn, go for it.
(/TMI)
Is that...SO HARD? (no pun intended) Do we really have to go into a shame spiral and start denying that when it comes down to it - we ARE "just animals" in many ways?
So many people spend their lives bashing their heads against a wall trying -so hard- to make themselves BETTER than animals. ...and I have to wonder why? Isn't it simply enough to recognize that hey - we're animals, but we've sure as hell got one on those fucking lemurs over there. Stupid monkeys (yes, I know), they can't even do calculus! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. We need to deny that we could possibly have ANYTHING in common with ANY animal? It's not only denial - it's ARROGANT.
Get over yourselves, humans. You may have huge brains and fancy pants - you're still basically just apes.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment